What is the Parent University?
Polk Parent University is a collaborative community effort led by Polk County’s Title I department and other parent involvement contacts within the school district to help parents become full partners in their children’s education.
Parent University is a partnership with community agencies and organizations to offer free courses, and family events and activities that will equip families with new or additional skills, knowledge, and resources. Workshops and classes will engage parents in innovative and meaningful partnerships for learning. For more information View Our Brochure or visit the District Web Site
What is the Goal of Polk’s Parent University?
The goal of Polk’s Parent University is to increase parent involvement in the schools and empower parents to raise children who are successful in school and in life.
Parent University is a way in which our school district, businesses, and other community organizations can provide education to parents. Our philosophy is that parenting, like other types of education, is an ongoing and lifelong learning process.
Many school districts have implemented programs similar to Polk’s Parent University in order to:
- increase parental involvement and participation in schools,
- allow parents an opportunity to network with professionals and other parents
- and help parents develop the skills needed to implement positive parenting practices and further their education.
There are several ways you can partner with us:
- Provide information in the form of brochures, pamphlets, etc. for our centers.
- Provide a service for our centers. (Workshops, classes, trainings, other?)
- Volunteer in the center.
Please complete the Participation form so that we can contact you.