Our goal is to educate, equip, and partner with our students and their support systems by offering a wide variety of relevant and effective programs and resources that will make a positive impact on the individual and the community. By building strong parent-learning communities we will increase student achievement in our schools and empower parents to raise children who are successful in school and in life. For more information View Our Brochure or visit the District Web Site
Information about Workshops
Monthly workshops and classes will be offered to parents free of charge. Topics for the workshops will vary each month and will be based on a parent needs survey.
Each center is staffed with a full-time bilingual Family Involvement Liaison Para. Each center offers some classes in Spanish. Translation for classes in English is provided by the staff.
- Dr. Fairest Hill Student Presentations & Parent Event (Title I Winter Haven area schools.)
- Free Financial Classes for Parents presented by Explorations Children’s Museum*
- North Central Area Parent Center located at Combee Elementary
- West Area Parent Center located at Sleepy Hill Elementary
- Northeast Area Parent Center located at Garner Elementary
- Southeast Area Parent Center located at Frostproof Elementary
- Other PCSB Title I locations
- Explorations Children’s Museum in Lakeland *
- Life Skills Center in Frostproof *
Parent Center Locations
Each center is located on a school campus but is open to all Title I parents in that region.
2500 Havendale Blvd NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881
Phone: (863) 965-5488
Mindy Santiago – Family Involvement Liaison
2805 Morgan Combee Rd, Lakeland, FL 33801
Phone: ( 863) 668-3035
Jacqueline Olivo – Family Involvement Liaison
Sleepy Hill Elem
2285 Sleepy Hill Road, Lakeland, FL 33810
Phone: (863) 815-6787
Azalea Fonseca-Guadalupe – Family Involvement Liaison
118 W. 3rd Street, Frostproof, FL 33843
Phone: (863) 635-8600
Anna Loazia – Family Involvement Liaison
500 Martin Luther King Ace, Mulberry, FL 33860
Phone: (863) 425-9288
Nitza Ribot – Family Involvement Liaison
Who can come to the center?
All parents of students who attend a Title I school. Parents are welcome to visit and take part in the workshops and to check out materials to help their child at home with academic skills.
What will the centers offer?
- Free workshops and classes including Rosetta Stone, Financial Literacy, and Nutrition.
- A variety of information and resources from local businesses and community organizations within Polk County.
- Materials for grades PreK-12th to check out in the content area of reading, writing, math, and science. All materials will be linked to our curriculum in Polk County and based on the Florida Standards
- A professional library of parent resource books.
- two computers for parent use with internet
- ACCESS partner
- All materials will be available in English and most in Spanish. Haitian Creole will be offered if available.
- Family game nights
AGAPE Mobile Pantries
The Title I parent centers has partnered with AGAPE and Catholic Charities to provide mobile food pantries at the parent centers. The Mobile pantry will deliver groceries for 250+ families at no cost.
For dates and locations please click here.