Dear Parent or Guardian,
Daily at Gibbons Street Elementary, your child is currently receiving individualized reading and math instruction through a program called Istation. Istation is a, “computer-adaptive assessment that immediately places students on personalized instructional paths unique to their needs. The animated game-like interface effectively engages students so that sometimes they don’t even realize they’re learning.” – Istation’s Facebook page. We are happy to now share information with parents to allow the learning to continue at home in reading/math with Istation Home!
The first step is to install Istation on your home computer. This is quick and easy. To download go to www.istation.com/Support#download and follow the simple installation instructions. For more information or help, visit www.istation.com, call toll-free,1-866-883-7323, and press 2, or e-mail support: email@example.com.
After Istation Home is installed on your home computer your child can access Istation, by using Classlink:
- Go to polk-fl.net.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Under “Tools and More” click on Classlink for students.
- Your child will then enter their Username and Password. (Usernames and Password will be sent home upon request)
- Once they’re in Classlink, they will click on the Istation icon.
- You may get a pop-up on saying “Would you like to use program on computer” click Yes (Pop-up Message and replies may vary depending on Web Brower.)
- Your child is now ready to continue their reading/math lesson.
Istation Parent Portal
Istation’s Parent Portal can be used to monitor performance with reports for parents available online 24 hours a day. This allows parents to give involved with instruction at home.
To gain access to Istation’s parent portal:
- Go to istation.com.
- At top of the page click on CUSTOMER LOGIN
- Then enter the School/Domain: gibbons.polk.fl
- Then enter your Username and Password. (Usernames and Password will be sent home upon request)
For more information or help, visit www.istation.com, call toll-free,1-866-883-7323, and press 2, or e-mail support: firstname.lastname@example.org.